Chad Behrens is Revolution’s General Manager with over 17 years of direct ice rink experience with expertise in event scheduling and organization, customer service, contract services, program development and instruction as well as facility operations.
The following are highlights of Mr. Behrens career as Sports Facility Manager:
- Knowledge of ice rink maintenance, Zamboni, ice painting, dasher board installation, and compressors
- Experience in Frontline Solutions Software and Pointstreak
- Instruction and development of hockey and skating programs including camps, clinics, and leagues
- Developed advertising and marketing plans for the rink
- Expertise in scheduling, contract services, and budgeting
- Directed and Organized tournaments of 45 teams and about 700 participates
In his previous role as Operations Manager at Mohegan Sun Area-SMG World Wilkes-Barre, PA, Mr. Behrens’ responsibilities included purchasing, budgeting, and day-to-day operations of front of house and back of house operations of the Mohegan Sun Arena as well as all event-related activities.
Chad was the General Manager / Hockey Director at the Ice Land Skating Center Hamilton, NJ where he oversaw the day to day operations of a $1.8 million, two sheet ice rink including the hockey operations, the pro shop and snack bar. Mr. Behrens was responsible for the development of programs, camps, clinics, and leagues for adults and youth.
Mr. Behrens is the Tournament Director of the Dave Burke Memorial Tournament (Summer Tournament) where he organizes, plans, and directs the tournament in remembrance of Dave Burke. This tournament raises money for local families, Make-a Wish, and the Lymphoma Society money through silent auctions, raffles, donations, and sponsorships. His duties include the scheduling of up to 26 teams from PA, NY, NJ, MD, and VA.
Mr. Behrens maintains his Master of Education in Health and Physical Education, Concentration in Sport Management (2002) from East Stroudsburg University, East Stroudsburg, PA and his Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Concentration in Movement and Sport Studies (2001) from East Stroudsburg University, East Stroudsburg, PA.